By Mike Chambers, Daniel Dura, Kevin Hoyt, Dragos Georgita
Discover ways to make extra effective apps, with only one language!
* includes a number of hands-on examples
* Explains implementation of real-time apps together with Socket. IO and HTML5, and WebSockets
* Addresses useful Node. js merits from particular layout choices
* comprises an interactive on-line part with pattern chapters
* Explains elements of stand out apps together with brevity and benchmarks
- Learning jQuery Deferreds: Taming Callback Hell with Deferreds and Promises
- Node Web Development - Second Edition
Default is true. For our example, we will use the operating system's window chrome. NOTE Notice that the default value of the visible element is false. This means that if you do not explicitly set the element to true, your application will have no UI when it launches. In this case, you will have to programmatically set the visible property to true. This can be useful if the application needs to perform some initialization or layout when it first launches. You can allow the application to do its layout first, and then only display the UI to the user once the layout is complete.
Xml files. 3. xml This should launch your application within the standard system chrome of your operating system (see Figure 22). Figure 2-2. AIRHelloWorld application running from ADL on Mac OS X If the application does not launch correctly, or if you get an error, do the following: Make sure you have configured the SDK correctly so that the ADL tool can be found. xml file. Make sure your application descriptor file contains well-formed XML. Make sure the information in the application descriptor file is correct.