By Andrew Grant
Read or Download Beginning AngularJS PDF
Discover ways to make extra effective apps, with only one language!
* comprises a variety of hands-on examples
* Explains implementation of real-time apps together with Socket. IO and HTML5, and WebSockets
* Addresses sensible Node. js benefits from particular layout choices
* contains an interactive on-line part with pattern chapters
* Explains parts of stand out apps together with brevity and benchmarks
- Regular expressions cookbook : detailed solutions in eight programming languages
- AngularJS in Action
- Building Scalable Apps with Redis and Node.js
- Delphi Language Guide
- Pragmatic Ajax. A Web 2.0 Primer, Pragmatic Bookshelf
Additional info for Beginning AngularJS
In this book, I will always declare the ngApp directive on the HTML element. While it is handy to know that you can tell AngularJS to manage only a specific portion of the DOM, I want you to see the effect of it being in the wrong location, or missing altogether. Forgetting to add the ngApp directive is one of the most common mistakes that beginners make. ■■Note It is technically possible, though not terribly common, to use more than one ngApp directive per page. There are a couple of limitations, however.
Singleton Design Pattern Documentation Title Description Pattern Name and Classification Singleton: an object creational pattern Intent Ensures that a class has only one instance and provides a global point of access to it Motivation Sometimes it makes sense to control the creation of certain objects. For example, rather than allow an application to create numerous database connection objects, it may make more sense to allow for a single connection object, which an application can access through a gateway object, that provides access to a single instance.
Length}}. Don’t actually use a scope reference in this manner within an expression; it won’t work, as the use of the current scope object is implicit. Listing 3-3 pulls all of this together into a single MVC example. It’s short and simple, but the essence of AngularJS is on display here. Listing 3-3. length property. Figure 3-2. Counting the number of employees (output of Listing 3-3) Perhaps the most important aspect of Listing 3-3 is how we use a scope object, an instance of which, as we discussed, was passed into our controller function by the framework.