* Written for the budding internet developer looking for a strong, reasonably cheap answer for development versatile, dynamic websites. * primarily 3 books in a single: presents thorough introductions to the Hypertext Preprocessor language and the MySQL database, and exhibits you the way those applied sciences might be successfully built-in to construct strong web content. * presents over 500 code examples, together with real-world initiatives equivalent to developing an auto-login characteristic, sending HTML-formatted electronic mail, trying out password guessability, and importing records through an internet interface. * up-to-date for MySQL five, comprises new chapters introducing triggers, kept methods, and perspectives.
Read or Download Beginning PHP and MySQL 5: From Novice to Professional PDF
Discover ways to make extra effective apps, with only one language!
* includes various hands-on examples
* Explains implementation of real-time apps together with Socket. IO and HTML5, and WebSockets
* Addresses useful Node. js merits from particular layout choices
* contains an interactive on-line part with pattern chapters
* Explains parts of stand out apps together with brevity and benchmarks
Extra info for Beginning PHP and MySQL 5: From Novice to Professional
Fm Page 16 Monday, November 7, 2005 3:35 PM 16 CHAPTER 2 ■ INSTALLING AND CONFIGURING APACHE AND PHP 13. ini and save it to the C:\php5 directory. ini file contains hundreds of directives that are responsible for tweaking PHP’s behavior. ini’s purpose and contents in detail. Note that you can place this configuration file anywhere you please, but if you choose a nondefault location, then you also need to configure PHP using the --with-config-file-path option. ini-recommended. This file sets various nonstandard settings, and is intended to better secure and optimize your installation, although this configuration may not be fully compatible with some of the legacy applications.
0). Chapter 9 introduces this important feature in great detail, and offers a general introduction to the often confusing regular expression syntax. In addition to these features, literally hundreds of functions were added to version 4, greatly enhancing the language’s capabilities. Throughout the course of this book, much of this functionality is discussed, as it remains equally important in the version 5 release. Drawbacks PHP 4 represented a gigantic leap forward in the language’s maturity. The new functionality, power, and scalability offered by the new version swayed an enormous number of burgeoning and expert developers alike, resulting in its firm establishment among the Web scripting behemoths.
Html extension, keep in mind that doing so will ultimately cause the file to be passed to PHP for parsing every single time an HTML file is requested. Some people may consider this convenient, but it will come at the cost of a performance decrease. Installing Apache and PHP on Windows Whereas previous Windows-based versions of Apache weren’t optimized for the Windows platform, the Win32 version of Apache 2 was completely rewritten to take advantage of Windows platform-specific features. Even if you don’t plan to deploy your application on Windows, it nonetheless makes for a great localized testing environment for those users who prefer it over other platforms.