By Jonathan Stark, Brian Jepson
You’ll how one can create an Android-friendly net app at the platform of your selection, after which use Adobe’s loose PhoneGap framework to transform it to a local Android app. detect why device-agnostic cellular apps are the wave of the longer term, and begin development apps that supply larger flexibility and a wider reach.
* Convert an internet site right into a internet software, entire with growth signs and different good points
* upload animation with JQTouch to make your net app appear and feel like a local Android app
* utilize client-side information garage with apps that run while the Android gadget is offline
* Use PhoneGap to hook into complex Android positive factors, together with the accelerometer, geolocation, and indicators
* try and debug your app on the internet with actual clients, and put up the completed product to the Android industry
Learn how to make extra effective apps, with only one language!
* comprises quite a few hands-on examples
* Explains implementation of real-time apps together with Socket. IO and HTML5, and WebSockets
* Addresses useful Node. js benefits from particular layout choices
* comprises an interactive on-line part with pattern chapters
* Explains parts of stand out apps together with brevity and benchmarks
- Beginning Node.js
- Learn With AngularJS, Bootstrap, and ColdFusion
The range of allowable values is 0 to 1, where 0 is fully transparent and 1 is fully opaque; decimal values between 0 and 1 will be rendered translucent. The line-height declaration moves the text down vertically in the box so it’s not flush against the top border. The border-width and -webkit-border-image lines require a bit of explanation. These two properties together allow you to assign portions of a single image to the border area of an element. If the box resizes because the text increases or decreases, the border image will stretch to accommodate it.
Crashing). Figure 3-1. Without a progress indicator of some kind, your app will seem unresponsive and your users will get frustrated Simple Bells and Whistles | 41 Thanks to jQuery, providing a progress indicator only takes two lines of code. We’ll just append a loading div to the body when loadPage() starts and remove the loading div when hijackLinks() is done. Example 3-4 shows a modified version of Example 3-3. js are shown in bold. Example 3-4. css to style the progress div. Example 3-5. 7); color: white; font-size: 18px; font-weight: bold; height: 80px; left: 60px; line-height: 80px; margin: 0 auto; position: absolute; text-align: center; top: 120px; width: 200px; } 42 | Chapter 3: Advanced Styling Simulating Real-World Network Performance If you are testing this web application on a local network, the network speeds will be so fast you won’t ever see the progress indicator.