By Ray Yao
Discover ways to make extra effective apps, with only one language!
* includes a number of hands-on examples
* Explains implementation of real-time apps together with Socket. IO and HTML5, and WebSockets
* Addresses useful Node. js benefits from particular layout choices
* contains an interactive on-line part with pattern chapters
* Explains elements of stand out apps together with brevity and benchmarks
- Java Demystified
- You Don't Know JS: Async & Performance
- TypeScript Revealed
- Learning Web Development with Bootstrap and Angular
After you have gone through the process, you’ll end up with an activation code for Visual Studio. You will also need a developer license, which is free as well. When you ﬁrst start Visual Studio 2012, you will be prompted to obtain a license—it takes only a second and, once again, it requires the Microsoft account you created earlier. Optional Equipment A Windows 8 PC and Visual Studio are all you need to write apps, but some app features are more readily understood if you have a device with orientation sensors.
FontSize property to increase the size of the text. 26 CHAPTER 2 ■ GETTING STARTED USING BROWSER QUIRKS IN APP DEVELOPMENT Being able to locate HTML elements by their id attribute values is very useful, but it is not a standard DOM feature and so it is classiﬁed as a browser quirk. k In web app development, you will have learned to avoid browser quirks because you need to support a wide array of browsers and you don’t want to tie your app to browser-speciﬁc features. Things are different in the world of app development.