By Adam Freeman
Seasoned writer Adam Freeman explains tips to get the main from WinRT and home windows eight by means of targeting the good points you wish to your undertaking. He begins with the nuts-and-bolts and exhibits you every little thing via to complex beneficial properties, going in-depth to provide you the data you need.
Discover ways to make extra effective apps, with only one language!
* comprises a variety of hands-on examples
* Explains implementation of real-time apps together with Socket. IO and HTML5, and WebSockets
* Addresses functional Node. js benefits from particular layout choices
* comprises an interactive on-line part with pattern chapters
* Explains parts of stand out apps together with brevity and benchmarks
- Designing and Implementing Test Automation Frameworks with QTP
After you have gone through the process, you’ll end up with an activation code for Visual Studio. You will also need a developer license, which is free as well. When you ﬁrst start Visual Studio 2012, you will be prompted to obtain a license—it takes only a second and, once again, it requires the Microsoft account you created earlier. Optional Equipment A Windows 8 PC and Visual Studio are all you need to write apps, but some app features are more readily understood if you have a device with orientation sensors.
FontSize property to increase the size of the text. 26 CHAPTER 2 ■ GETTING STARTED USING BROWSER QUIRKS IN APP DEVELOPMENT Being able to locate HTML elements by their id attribute values is very useful, but it is not a standard DOM feature and so it is classiﬁed as a browser quirk. k In web app development, you will have learned to avoid browser quirks because you need to support a wide array of browsers and you don’t want to tie your app to browser-speciﬁc features. Things are different in the world of app development.